dimanche 10 juin 2012

Dr Jeffrey Lang talks about "FITRA" الفطرة : Welcome Back To Islam .....

One never converts to Islam, but only returns to his or her original nature

"For those whom Islam has embraced, the greatest witness to God’s unremitting, pursuing, sustaining, and guiding love is the Qur’an. Like a vast magnificent ocean, it lures you deeper and deeper into its dazzling waves until you are swept into it. But instead of drowning in a sea of darkness, as described above, you find yourself immersed in an ocean of divine light and mercy. … as I read the Qur’an and prayed the Islamic prayers, a door to my heart was unsealed and I was immersed in an overwhelming tenderness. Love became more permanent and real than the earth beneath my feet; its power restored me and made it so that even I could feel love … I was happy enough to have found faith in a sensible religion. But I never expected to be touched by such intoxicating mercy."
from http://www.welcome-back.org/profile/jeffrey_lang.shtml

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire